At Hotcards, we’re known for our bold, full color printing, but did you know that we print green, too? Printing green means choosing low-VOC inks, using responsibly milled paper, and working to eliminate chemical waste. For us, green printing also means partnering with all-American suppliers wherever possible, and ordering in bulk to keep the environmental costs of transportation low. Like red, white, and blue, green isn’t just a color, it’s a commitment to making choices that are good for our employees, our customers, the community, and the environment. And believe it or not, we do this without compromising on quality or affordability. See for yourself by obtaining a sample pack of our products.
We used recycled stock wherever possible. We also order in bulk so that fewer deliveries need to be made to our Hotcards locations each year, further reducing carbon emissions. We also offer uncoated, recycled stock to meet all your green printing needs!
We use vegetable, rather than petroleum-based inks. Like soy-based inks, vegetable-based inks are made using a renewable resource, and are low in Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). This means that our inks create less toxic waste than petroleum-based inks, and reduce harmful emissions in the workplace.
We, along with our suppliers operate state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment that reduces waste with the turn of each cylinder. These multimillion dollar machines are an investment in quality and efficiency.
All of our orders are printed with at least 10% recycled material. We recycle 100% of our scrap paper, which not only significantly reduces our carbon emissions, but also saves natural resources used in milling virgin paper. The paper waste recycled by Hotcards saves thousands of trees each year, and millions of gallons of water and kilowatts of electricity. When we make eco-friendly choices – like recycling – the results are amazing!
Printing is an industry where every little bit helps, that’s why we do the majority of our business online. By billing our customers electronically, and asking that our vendors bill us electronically, we eliminate waste paper involved in billing, speed service, and send a message: green choices are good for the planet AND good for business!
- The tree farms used by our paper suppliers plant multiple trees for every 1 harvested!
- Soy and vegetable-based inks are also available for your desktop printer!
- Eliminating chemicals from the printing process isn’t just good for the environment, it’s good for workers, too!
- Farming trees saves thousands of square acres of virgin forest every year!
- A single ton of paper made from recycled materials will save 17 trees!
- Paper made from recycled materials generates 35% less water pollution, and 74% less air pollution than milled virgin paper!
- Online billing saves not only trees, but water, waste, and 26 million BTUs of fuel each year!
Need help using our site?
Everything you need to know about setting up and using your Hotcards account
MY HOTCARDS ORDERS
All the behind the scene details about pre-existing orders
PLACING AN ORDER
Everything and anything you could want to know about placing an order!
We need a design to print. Whether it’s your own press ready file or a custom piece created by the Hotcards design team, you choose! All designs should be submitted as high resolution files with proper bleed and margins.
Checkout these options for more information on mailing your postcards or brochures through Hotcards!
APPAREL AND PROMO
Checkout these options for more information on your Apparel and Promo Order Through Hotcards!
- Apparel Print Templates
- What File Types can I submit for Apparel and Promo Orders?
- Can you help with my design?
- Protected Imagery
- What Is Process Printing?
- How can I print designs with photos?
- Specialty Inks
- How do I access my saved designs?
- How is my price calculated?
- Can I get a sample?
- How do I order my design with different products, colors or styles?
- What happens after my order is placed?
- Important design review information
- Keeping your order on schedule
- Image redraw and recreation
- Resolution and DPI for Apparel and Promotional Products Orders
- When will I recieve my Apparel or Promo Order?
- Turnaround time
- Next day Promo Orders
- Can I supply my own garments or promo products for printing?
- How many ink colors will I need to reproduce my image?
- What is your maximum size for apparel printing?
- Can I print sizing and care instructions on the inside collar of my garment?
- Where can I find a sizing chart for a garment?