The Hotcards Print Method
Hotcards specializes in gang run printing, which means we group all of our orders together to completely fill a press run before sending anything to production. This ensures that you are receiving the lowest possible price for your print and keeps paper waste to a minimum. Another advantage to this method of print is that it allows for print on both sides of the sheet for everyone on that press run at no additional cost to you!
Once our pre-press department has consolidated similar print jobs onto print runs (the layout of the print orders currently going to press), the orders are plated for printing. When plates are created, a separate plate will be made for each of the different ink colors to be used in re-creating your digital artwork on paper; Cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. These plates are typically made of aluminum or polyester and are used to transfer ink to paper in the print process. Hotcards prints using a 4 color process of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black ink (CMYK), so 4 plates will be created for your artwork, plus an additional plate will be created for the paper coating (such as a gloss aqueous coating). These plates are on cylinders that will come into contact with dampening rollers then inking rollers; The dampening rollers will wet the plates so that any areas that will not have ink based on the artwork (“white space”) will repel the ink once the plate comes in contact with the inking roller. This process is repeated for each of the ink colors until the final plate transfers the last layer of ink onto your order. We then cut the cards apart from the large press sheet and perform any additional finishing options, such as folding, before we package your Hotcards and deliver before they even cool. Don’t forget your oven mitts!
Need help using our site?
Everything you need to know about setting up and using your Hotcards account
MY HOTCARDS ORDERS
All the behind the scene details about pre-existing orders
PLACING AN ORDER
Everything and anything you could want to know about placing an order!
We need a design to print. Whether it’s your own press ready file or a custom piece created by the Hotcards design team, you choose! All designs should be submitted as high resolution files with proper bleed and margins.
Checkout these options for more information on mailing your postcards or brochures through Hotcards!
APPAREL AND PROMO
Checkout these options for more information on your Apparel and Promo Order Through Hotcards!
- Apparel Print Templates
- What File Types can I submit for Apparel and Promo Orders?
- Can you help with my design?
- Protected Imagery
- What Is Process Printing?
- How can I print designs with photos?
- Specialty Inks
- How do I access my saved designs?
- How is my price calculated?
- Can I get a sample?
- How do I order my design with different products, colors or styles?
- What happens after my order is placed?
- Important design review information
- Keeping your order on schedule
- Image redraw and recreation
- Resolution and DPI for Apparel and Promotional Products Orders
- When will I recieve my Apparel or Promo Order?
- Turnaround time
- Next day Promo Orders
- Can I supply my own garments or promo products for printing?
- How many ink colors will I need to reproduce my image?
- What is your maximum size for apparel printing?
- Can I print sizing and care instructions on the inside collar of my garment?
- Where can I find a sizing chart for a garment?