What File Types can I submit for apparel and promo orders?
Hotcards accepts many different file types for apparel and promo orders. However, there are steps you can take to provide us with ideal artwork to ensure your order is processed quickly. As with any artwork modifications we make, we’ll email you a digital proof for approval before printing your order!
Ideal File types to ensure your Turnaround Times are maintained:
- Vector Files: PDF / EPS / AI
- Raster Files: PDF / PSD / TIFF
For Screen Printing, please ensure the following:
- Be sure that all raster files (or linked images) are 300 dpi.
- To be safe, it’s best that your art is the exact size you want it to appear on your garment. However, we can help you adjust this for each brand/style.
- If you are converting vector art to raster, please leave the anti-aliasing option turned off.
- Please rasterize or outline any type layers.
- It’s best to leave your background color transparent if you want the apparel color to show through.
We also accept the following, although artwork modifications may be required to make these files Print Ready, which can delay your turnaround times:
- .ai - Adobe Illustrator Document
- .pdf - Adobe Acrobat Document
- .ps, .eps - PostScript File
- .jpg - JPEG Image
- .psd - Adobe Photoshop Image
- .bmp - Bitmap Image
- .gif - GIF Image
- .png - PNG Image
If you are having issues with uploading any of your files to our Design Tool, please email them to us!
Below are several links you can review to learn even more about our artwork services and what we do to your files once we receive them:
Learn about our Design Review Process here.
Learn about Image Redraw and Recreation here.
Need help using our site?
Everything you need to know about setting up and using your Hotcards account
MY HOTCARDS ORDERS
All the behind the scene details about pre-existing orders
PLACING AN ORDER
Everything and anything you could want to know about placing an order!
We need a design to print. Whether it’s your own press ready file or a custom piece created by the Hotcards design team, you choose! All designs should be submitted as high resolution files with proper bleed and margins.
Checkout these options for more information on mailing your postcards or brochures through Hotcards!
APPAREL AND PROMO
Checkout these options for more information on your Apparel and Promo Order Through Hotcards!
- Apparel Print Templates
- What File Types can I submit for Apparel and Promo Orders?
- Can you help with my design?
- Protected Imagery
- What Is Process Printing?
- How can I print designs with photos?
- Specialty Inks
- How do I access my saved designs?
- How is my price calculated?
- Can I get a sample?
- How do I order my design with different products, colors or styles?
- What happens after my order is placed?
- Important design review information
- Keeping your order on schedule
- Image redraw and recreation
- Resolution and DPI for Apparel and Promotional Products Orders
- When will I recieve my Apparel or Promo Order?
- Turnaround time
- Next day Promo Orders
- Can I supply my own garments or promo products for printing?
- How many ink colors will I need to reproduce my image?
- What is your maximum size for apparel printing?
- Can I print sizing and care instructions on the inside collar of my garment?
- Where can I find a sizing chart for a garment?