How can I print designs with photos?
Hotcards offers three different print options when it comes to producing photographs on apparel. If you’re trying to decide which option to choose, just contact our Customer Obsession Team! We can talk you through which option would look best on your specific artwork, and what fits with your order needs and budget.
Full-Color Process Printing
To maintain a photographic quality print with screen printing, we can proceed with a Full Color Process print. Process printing gets great results, looks best on white fabric. We will use screen printing for larger run quantities. But, for shorter run quantities, we’ll use a high end digital process that resembles screen printing.
If you’re looking to print a photograph on a tight budget, a monotone halftone print is the best option! Using halftone printing (similar to newspaper print, with dots of ink closer or further apart to create an image), we can print on any color shirt, although light fabric with dark ink produce a more attractive result. Halftone printing also works well if the original image is smaller or of a lower image resolution, since halftone printing does not have the same level of detail as a process print.
Our expert art team can redraw your photograph to make it more suitable for screen printing. This involves our artists simplifying the shading and fading of your photograph, moving away from a photographic print towards a graphic look. You have the control over how many colors the image is redrawn with, so this is a great option towards controlling order cost. Full-Color Process Printing requires an image with a resolution of 200 DPI (dots per inch), however halftone and redraws can proceed with a lower quality. Artwork issues can be confusing, so if you are not sure which option works best, please contact our Customer Obsession Team today!
Need help using our site?
Everything you need to know about setting up and using your Hotcards account
MY HOTCARDS ORDERS
All the behind the scene details about pre-existing orders
PLACING AN ORDER
Everything and anything you could want to know about placing an order!
We need a design to print. Whether it’s your own press ready file or a custom piece created by the Hotcards design team, you choose! All designs should be submitted as high resolution files with proper bleed and margins.
Checkout these options for more information on mailing your postcards or brochures through Hotcards!
APPAREL AND PROMO
Checkout these options for more information on your Apparel and Promo Order Through Hotcards!
- Apparel Print Templates
- What File Types can I submit for Apparel and Promo Orders?
- Can you help with my design?
- Protected Imagery
- What Is Process Printing?
- How can I print designs with photos?
- Specialty Inks
- How do I access my saved designs?
- How is my price calculated?
- Can I get a sample?
- How do I order my design with different products, colors or styles?
- What happens after my order is placed?
- Important design review information
- Keeping your order on schedule
- Image redraw and recreation
- Resolution and DPI for Apparel and Promotional Products Orders
- When will I recieve my Apparel or Promo Order?
- Turnaround time
- Next day Promo Orders
- Can I supply my own garments or promo products for printing?
- How many ink colors will I need to reproduce my image?
- What is your maximum size for apparel printing?
- Can I print sizing and care instructions on the inside collar of my garment?
- Where can I find a sizing chart for a garment?