Specialty inks and print methods are additional features that hotcards is able to offer during the design process. They are available for orders of twelve (12) or more items by special request, and often require special pricing. For a consultation on specialty inks and print methods, or to talk to a design specialist as to how they can work for your design, please contact our Customer Obsession Team!
Neon inks are super-bright fluorescent inks that add a pop of intensity to any design. They are available in blue, green, yellow, orange, red, pink, magenta, and purple and can be used on any shirt color we offer. These semi-transparent inks are printed over top of a base of pure white ink, so your neon shade will be as bright on a black shirt as it is on a white one.
Foil Transfers are an awesome option when looking for a reflective surface on a shirt. The transfers are a metallic facing adhered to the shirt with clear adhesive ink. They are bright and highly reflective. However, they do require special care to maintain their luster. Silver and gold are standard colors, although special requests can be made!
Glow in the dark ink does exactly what it says. A translucent treatment that is printed over a base of white ink, glow-in-the-dark ink appears off-white in the light and a glowing lime green in the dark.
Metallic inks are a great option for you to achieve a metallic surface in your design. The inks themselves are metallic, versus being an overlay treatment or transfer, and are available in a variety of colors (although silver and gold are standard). Metallic inks work best when there are no small details to fill as the ink is a bit thicker than normal.
Glitter Ink is the best way to add sparkle to your design. A clear, hyper-glittered top coat is printed on top of the colors in your design, making glitter both an exciting and versatile choice!
Reflective Film reflects any bright light (like headlights). Perfect for anyone looking for high-visibility apparel. This works best for larger areas of print and for a simple design with few thin lines.
Need help using our site?
Everything you need to know about setting up and using your Hotcards account
MY HOTCARDS ORDERS
All the behind the scene details about pre-existing orders
PLACING AN ORDER
Everything and anything you could want to know about placing an order!
We need a design to print. Whether it’s your own press ready file or a custom piece created by the Hotcards design team, you choose! All designs should be submitted as high resolution files with proper bleed and margins.
Checkout these options for more information on mailing your postcards or brochures through Hotcards!
APPAREL AND PROMO
Checkout these options for more information on your Apparel and Promo Order Through Hotcards!
- Apparel Print Templates
- What File Types can I submit for Apparel and Promo Orders?
- Can you help with my design?
- Protected Imagery
- What Is Process Printing?
- How can I print designs with photos?
- Specialty Inks
- How do I access my saved designs?
- How is my price calculated?
- Can I get a sample?
- How do I order my design with different products, colors or styles?
- What happens after my order is placed?
- Important design review information
- Keeping your order on schedule
- Image redraw and recreation
- Resolution and DPI for Apparel and Promotional Products Orders
- When will I recieve my Apparel or Promo Order?
- Turnaround time
- Next day Promo Orders
- Can I supply my own garments or promo products for printing?
- How many ink colors will I need to reproduce my image?
- What is your maximum size for apparel printing?
- Can I print sizing and care instructions on the inside collar of my garment?
- Where can I find a sizing chart for a garment?